Questa Engineering Corporation
is a well-established and stable civil, environmental, and water resource engineering and landscape architecture planning and design firm. Our multi-disciplinary, in-house team of experts is known for developing innovative solutions to a variety of complex environmental challenges. We are located in an attractive waterfront setting overlooking sailboats, marina, and San Francisco, near historic downtown Point Richmond and across from a regional park. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including medical, dental, paid time off, matching 401k after one year, and a fun, flexible, casual work environment (sorry, not served by public transit). Questa is an equal opportunity employer.
(updated August 2019)
Staff Geologist / Project Geologist / Engineering Geologist
We seek candidates for the position of Staff or Project level Geologist/Engineering Geologist in our Geotechnical Services Department. A full-time or part-time position is available.
- Responsible for planning, coordinating and performing field investigations using a variety of techniques under the direction of Senior Staff
- Researching the background geologic, seismic and soils conditions for a variety of geological environments
- Identifying soil types in accordance with the Unified Soils Classification System
- Identifying bedrock types
- Collecting soil, rock, groundwater, and surface water samples
- Preparing borehole logs under the direction of Senior Staff
- Preparing field maps identifying locations of relevant features and sample locations
- Preparing written documents using Microsoft Word
- Preparing and editing data tables using Microsoft Excel
- Performing laboratory testing of soil and bedrock samples for physical properties
- Performing geotechnical observations, inspections, and testing services during construction of Public Works, Residential and Commercial projects under the direction of Senior Staff
- Reading and interpreting Plans and Specifications for construction
- Documenting various stages of construction projects
- Managing data entry for testing services
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geology, Earth Sciences, Engineering Geology or related field
- A minimum of one year of professional experience or Graduate work preferred
- Valid Driver’s License and good driving record
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on a daily basis
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products
- GIS and/or AutoCAD experience a plus
- Ability to work well with others in a team oriented setting
We offer a challenging growth opportunity working with a dynamic group of professionals. The successful candidate demonstrates ability, initiative and engagement in the work at hand. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To apply for an open position, send an email to the address below. Paste your response into the body of the email or attach a PDF or Word document. Include a cover letter with your resume outlining your interest and how you meet the above requirements. If you do not meet certain required or requested elements, please explain why you feel you are qualified.
Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line.